Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Microphone shootout!

We had a Microphone shoot out for fun today, I thought I would upload the audio files for those that care.


First up is the Good old Neumann U87i At $3000!
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Neumann%20U-87%20Kristen_01.wav?w=AADfzitQItlau7hvwBSvXUIEpTWvZOJ--34E3oM9aBNQBA

#2 is the AKG 414 @ $1000.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/AKG-414%20Kristen_01.wav?w=AABxNJPF7FPJtUaCHmLM-ZFMWewdNN66gr30p3J_W6Ax9A

#3 is the Shure SM7b @ $350.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Shure%20SM-7B%20Kristen_01.wav?w=AADyUiHUiQamUIe_A4SlZ17mEo4MkNSpMtv4z_vu130t5Q

#4 is the Gauge ECM-87 Stealth @ $149, This is based off the U87i, I think sounds almost as good but for A LOT cheaper!
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Gauge%20ECM_01.wav?w=AAB6tlQeMlZYqdIM18iNaESwjbtg-bdwHwXxYKLfz8i8Rw

#5 is the Heil PR-22 UT @ $115. I was very disappointed with this one, Heil is highly recommended by some good friends but this is terrible!
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Heil%20PR-22%20Kristen_01.wav?w=AAB1Q6-FK4x8BU5HWV-1Uw4MhDMc3afoaLFYaHuNjPLvNw

#6 is the Shure SM-57 Tried and true @ ~$99.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Shure%20SM-57%20Kristen_01.wav?w=AADaCiqUOXtzRS6_vKdc2PwA3ZkwPfBgB84VZo15idYL6w


I really wanted to try the Heil PR-30 and PR-40 but could not get them, isf I find some I will post the audio from them as well. I really hope they are better then the PR-22!


In this shootout I think the Gauge wins when it comes to sound/price. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment