This Mission has been completely backwards from a normal one... I started serving early August 2011, then got set apart, then I got my "call", then gave my "farewell" talk, then went to the temple, and finally went to the MTC about a year into it (more about that in a future post). I started working with David Shaw in special curriculum recording, recording the churches standard monthly magazines, manuals, hand books, and other small audio projects. Doing mainly engineering, editing and mastering--as well as a huge project to digitize and cleane up everything that has been recorded in Special curriculum recording since some time in the 80's. Lots has happend in the last 10 months so the fastest way to get up to speed is with some pictures!!!
This is the special curriculum recording studio.
Behind that window is the recording booth
I have digitized 200+ Miles of tape at 3.75 inches per second.
I've also archived a lot of old hard drives to the robot (this is about 1/4 of them)
This is studio E where I spend most of my time. Its has 5.1 Genelec speakers, ProTools HD2, and a Yamaha DM-2000!
For General conference, I head up north to the Conference Center (CCB) where I help make the web videos. This includes recording the sessions live to our 6 encoders then breaking up the talks and songs and making a file for every language and bit rate! Each session has about 2500 videos that get put on LDS.org This is my work station when teching conference.
That's Lance the Head of QC
I also occasionally do audio work in one of the CCB audio rooms. This is the old Euphonix System 5 Console, It has since been replace with a SSL C200 HD Console
It's a blast at the CCB, Awesome people and a fun building. Here we are eating lunch on the roof.
I also helped with a video rougher upgrade involving LOTS OF CABLE!
And a UPS upgrade. We had to move all the servers over to temporary power for a week.
Back at the Motion Picture Studio (MPS)
Studio E got some sound proofing (guess I was making too much noise!) So I moved all the equipment out into the hall.
Guess what, construction was delayed and I was too lazy to move it all back in so this was my setup for a week.
This is a hidden office in the school house at MPS wish it was mine ;-)
Visual effects got some new computers!
Tha'ts long enough but there will be more coming! (in 6 months or so)




















No comments:
Post a Comment